Domestic Shipping Rates and Carrier Information
ShopFoodEx has partnered with UPS and the United States Postal Service (USPS) for our daily shipments. The carrier used for your shipment is at the discretion of ShopFoodEx except in the case of APO/FPO shipments which are always shipped via the USPS.
Shipping rates are determined by the weight of the package and the destination it is being shipped to. After adding an item to your cart the shipping calculator will display in the upper right corner of the website so that you can easily determine your shipping charge (see below).
Shipping Definitions and other "Good to Know Stuff"
Once your order has been shipped you will recieve an order update notifying you of the shipping method that was used (see below):
UPS Ground: Takes from 1-5 days on average (in some very remote areas out West it can take 6 days). UPS provides a time in transit map on their website that is handy if you have any questions on this.
UPS SurePost: This is a joint effort between UPS and the United States Postal Service. Delivery takes from 2-7 business days on average. The package travels through the UPS system up until the final delivery in which the package is handed off to your local post office. Your mail carrier makes the final delivery.
USPS Priority Mail: Delivery within 2-3 days in most cases.
USPS Parcel Post: Delivery within 2-8 days in most cases.
Weight is defined as shipping weight. Shipping weight may not be the actual product weight. For example large (tall) items, bulky items, liquids and fragile items often carry a larger shipping weight than the actual weight. In addition UPS rounds up the package weight to the next highest number. A 1.1 lb. package is rounded up to 2 lbs. by UPS. We have done our very best to provide fair shipping weights.
Orders are generally shipped within 1-2 business days. Once an order leaves our warehouse it typically takes from 2-8 business days to reach most locations (a bit longer for APO/FPO shipments). Orders are shipped from Roanoke, Virginia. You will get an automated email with your tracking information once your order has been shipped.
Odds and Ends
- We do not require a signature in order for your delivery to be made. UPS and the United States Postal Service (USPS) will leave your package at their discretion, if they feel it is safe to do so.
- If we have shipped you an incorrect item please contact us and we will pick up the package at no cost to you.
- Please be sure that you include a correct delivery address; failing to do so will result in a delivery being returned. In this case, you will be charged a returned shipment fee plus another shipping charge to reship the order.
Diplomatic Pouch Orders
We are proud to offer our service to Diplomats representing our country all over the world. However, there are strict regulations in place for orders being shipped via the pouch service.
It is up to you, the customer, to know these regulations and to abide by them. If you are uncertain of what can or can't be shipped we urge you to "do your homework" before placing an order. Orders containing prohibited items are refused by the pouch service on a regular basis. Unfortunately we can't refund you for any shipping charges in these instances so please order carefully.
We are proud to offer our service to International customers via our partnership with International Checkout. Simply follow these tips when placing your order on our website:
1. You DO NOT need to set up an account on our website when placing your order. In fact, it is not possible to do this on our website if you reside outside of the United States. You WILL NEED to provide this information via the International Checkout website once you click their logo to checkout.
2. IGNORE the box that will appear that prompts you for your zip code; this is for our domestic customers to use in order to calculate their shipping charges. Your shipping charges are calculated once you click the International Checkout logo when checking out.
3. After filling up your cart just click the International Checkout logo and you will then be redirected to the Internatinal Checkout website to complete your transaction.
4. For inquiries regarding International shipments and to learn more about the International Checkout company please visit their website at http://www.internationalcheckout.com/index.php.